Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Celesticon

I was at Celesticon over the Labor Day weekend showing off Command Combat: Civil War, and giving a talk about 1864 called Clash of the American Titans.

The battle we played was First Bull Run/Manassas.  I hadn't played this one since 2011.  The idea had been to put on battles during their 150th anniversaries.  I had done First Bull Run the first year to go along with the release of the first book, then I did Fort Donelson in the first half of 2012 to coincide with the release of the second book and the 150th of that battle.  I then had 2nd Bull/Manassas run in the second half of 2012 to coincide with that anniversary.  This board was twice the size of First Bull Run and Fort Donelson.  I then did the epic-sized Gettysburg, three times the size of First Bull Run/Manassas, to coincide with the release of 1863.

This was as big as I would ever want to get.  The next book, 1864, will be released late this year, and will feature campaigns.  So rather than trying to outdo myself again, I went back to the basics, the first game that really revealed the dynamics of the game without overwhelming the players.  We had a very good time.

Below are some pictures and the Celesticon website.  As for the speech, I'll say more in my next blog.

http://www.celesticon.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment